Defeat for U10s

SLANE U10s took part in the Carnbane Games Development Centre last weekend against Valley Rangers and for the second week in row it was thrilling game with 12 goals scored in all

Valley took the lead in the fifth minute and doubled their advantage two minutes later.

Slane’s pressure paid off when Joseph Weir found Marc Cochrane on the left and he skimmed past his marker and fired low and hard past the Valley keeper.

The game was all square on 20 minutes when Trimble capitalised on a bad back pass and nipped in to hammer home.

Sam McConnell was solid at right back and he squared to Luke Cochrane who lobbed his pass over the Valley defence to M Cochrane who raced in to tuck the ball wide of the keeper and into the net to put Slane in the lead.

It was end to end and both teams were giving there all in a thrilling encounter, Kerri Hanna pulled off a great save but the Valley striker followed in to convert the rebound.

Sasha Martin was a power house in mid-field launching in some fierce tackles and distributing some fine passes to the wide players.

Hayes and McConnell played a one-two and Hayes released Trimble away up the right and his cross was caught on the half volley by Cochrane but his effort sailed wide.

Slane regained the lead when McCready’s through ball found Sasha Martin who squared to Ethan Trimble and he unleashed a thunderbolt of a shot that sailed into the top corner past the helpless keeper.

Both sets of parents and helpers up the lines were roaring on their teams in this enthralling game and the kids were giving their all, Hanna pulled of a great save low down to her left and McConnell cleared the danger.

Again Valley pulled the game back level when the corner was swung in and tapped home at the back post. Hayes switched with Hanna in the Slane nets and he pulled of a fine save to keep the game all square. Joseph Weir and Luke Cochrane both pulled of great tackles at the rear for Slane as Valley tried to find a way through.

With five minutes left on the clock Marc Cochrane broke up the right, cut inside and slotted the ball wide of the keeper and inside the post for his third of the game.

Valley equalised with three minutes to go when they charged down the right. They were awarded a corner which was crossed in dangerously into the Slane box and it somehow found the back of the net through a crowded penalty area.

Slane conceded two very late goals to give Valley the win at the final whistle.