Man ‘lucky to be alive’ after Craigavon stabbing

Carnreagh. INPT07-225
Carnreagh. INPT07-225

A CRAIGAVON man feels lucky to be alive after being stabbed multiple times earlier this month.

Kyle Mills paid tribute to his friends who put pressure on heavily bleeding wounds before the emergency services arrived.

The 28-year-old was stabbed at a house in the Carnreagh area at around 3am on Sunday, February 10.

The incident happened not far from the fatal stabbing of father of two Davy Neill who died close to his Parkmore home last September.

Kyle told the Portadown Times how his friends lay on his body in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

Kyle suffered multiple stab wounds, a cut to his left eye and has scrapes and bruises over his whole body.

He was stabbed on the back of the shoulder and in the side, around the rib cage. He was rushed to Craigavon Hospital.

Kyle told the Times, “I’m sore, tired and still confused about the whole situation. But I’m still here, that’s the main thing.

“I’m exhausted and drained and I just want to forget that it happened,

“The hospital were great. Obviously it wasn’t fatal but at the same time I was very lucky to walk away from it. It really could have been a lot worse.”

The 28-year-old just started a new job recently in sales and said his bosses have been superb.

“They have been brilliant and have said that my health is the main priority. I will be going back to work shortly as its mostly office based and will be able to keep my mind off things.”

Kyle paid tribute to everyone who helped him that night. “Everyone from the police, hospital and especially the people I was with. They contacted the ambulance straight away and actually lay on me to put pressure on the wounds.”

Kyle said he had been asked not to say too much about what happened in case it jeopardises any court case. However he stressed he is very grateful to everyone who helped him that night and since the stabbing.

DUP councillor Robert Smith said the incident highlighted the dangers of knife crime.

“We are very fortunate to have Kyle still alive with us. He’s a very lucky young fella.

“The message really has to go out, knife crime is sinister and has no place in society.

“If someone’s life has been taken it is something that can’t be given back.”

Mr Smith said he had passed on a get well message to Kyle via Facebook.

Indeed hundreds of well wishers have been contacting Kyle via social media to wish him well in his recovery.

According to the PSNI a 22-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent. He is currently assisting police with their enquiries.

Anyone who knows anything about this incident is asked to contact Lurgan CID on 0845 600 8000.

Or if someone would prefer to provide information without giving their details, they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers and speak to them anonymously on 0800 555 111.