A Banbridge woman is warning people of the dangers of leaving toddlers in cars in hot weather.
The warning comes from a baby business owner who does not want to be named.
She said she was aware of a number of incidents across the town during the recent spell of hot weather when children had been left in cars.
The business woman is now anxious that people should be warned how easily heatstroke deaths can occur in overheated cars.
“People here are not used to this hot weather, but it’s important they are made aware that it can take as little as 15 minutes for a child to die in an overheated car.
“In America there are reportedly around four children who die every day in these circumstances.
“I’m really upset by what has happened and it’s important we address this before it’s too late” she added.