Grass to be cut at accident hotspot

Overgrowing grass at an accident hotspot on the dual carriageway is to be cut later this week.

There were fears that motorists were not able to see over the central reservation near the Castlewellan Road.

But after being contacted by the Leader Roads Service have agreed to clear the sightline.

Last year a 22-year-old woman died and four people were injured in a two-car crash on the same stretch of road.

One reader who contacted us said, “It’s not so bad if you’re in a jeep and sitting high, but in a car it is very difficult to see past.

“It’s very dangerous because it obstructs your view and you can’t see what’s coming the other way.”

But on Monday a DRD Roads Service spokesperson told us, “The grass will be cut on the central reservation later this week.”