Man in court on indecent image charges

A 50-YEAR-OLD Banbridge man has been charged with serious offences including making indecent images of children.

The man cannot be named after his barrister successfully argued the case to last week’s Banbridge Magistrates’ Court.

After studying medical reports District Judge Mr Paul Copeland said he was satisfied that the publication of his name and address or indeed any details of his identity would be in direct conflict with his health, safety, life and wellbeing in accordance with the Human Rights Act.

The man is charged with making indecent photographs of children between October 15, 2010, and November 1, 2010.

He is further charged with Possession of indecent images of children on November 2.

The third charge is possession of a prohibited image of a child on November 2, 2010.

The final charge is possession of an extreme pornographic image again on November 2, 2010.

The accused said he understood the charges and a Detective Constable said she believed she could connect him to the charges.

He was remanded on bail for four weeks until September 20 when a full file will be produced by the prosecution.

As part of his bail terms the man is prohibited from Internet usage apart from his employment.

Furthermore the court directed that he is not permitted to have access to any mobile phone which has Internet capabilities.