Man banned from going near Belmont

editorial image

A 22-year-old man has been banned from going ‘next or near’ the Belmont Hotel in Banbridge for the next two years.

JamesWinston Kennedy, Glebe Road, Annaclone, Banbridge, appeared last Thursday at the local magistrates’ court.

He admitted disorderly behaviour in the driveway of the Belmont Hotel on December 14 last year.

Kennedy was fined £250, ordered to pay a £15 offender’s levy and bound over in the sum of £500 to keep the peace for two years.

District Judge, Mr Paul Copeland, told him a condition of the binding over was that he was prohibited from the Belmont Hotel for two years.

He warned him he would be arrested if he was found next or near the premises.

The court heard that police saw the defendant fighting with another male .

Kennedy, who had drink taken, began behaving in a disorderly manner. He was abusive to police and was shouting profanities in a public place.

Mr Frank McCartan, representing the defendant, said Kennedy had been assaulted. He felt aggrieved about this and took it out on the police.