THE Hillsborough International Oyster Festival is calling for budding models to enter this year’s Miss Oyster Pearl 2012 competition.
The lucky winner, who will be crowned Miss Oyster Pearl, will become an ambassador for the Festival, as well as receiving a year’s contract with one of Northern Ireland’s top modelling agencies, The Style Academy Modelling Agency.
All finalists in the competition will get the chance to strut the catwalk in the “Diamonds and Pearls” Fashion Show sponsored by The OUTLET, Banbridge.
A selection of autumn winter looks will be showcased from brands including Jaeger, DKNY Jeans, L.K. Bennett, Calvin Klein Underwear, Paul Costelloe and Jeff Banks. For stylish looks with always 30% to 70 per cent off rrp, it promises to be a great night out. The show will be held in the Festival Grand Marquee on Thursday, September 6, and each model will be coached and choreographed by Tracey Hall, director of Style Academy.
The following evening, the newly crowned Miss Oyster Pearl will be a special guest at the Festival’s Gala Ball.
The lucky winner will also attend a Champagne Reception in Hillsborough Castle on Saturday, September 8, and present a trophy to the winner of the World Oyster Eating Championship later that afternoon, in front of the world’s press.
Further to the award and modelling contract, Miss Oyster Pearl 2012 will also receive:
• A Gift Package from The Outlet
• A make-up tuition session in the art of photographic make-up, with Claire McKinney, Hillsborough
• A cut and colour with Toni & Guy Irish Art Director
• An evening dress, courtesy of The Hillsborough Oyster Festival
• A concentrated fitness & health consultation and three complimentary personal training sessions, courtesy of Fitness Matters, Hillsborough
• A bottle of champagne courtesy of The Hillsborough Oyster Festival
• A piece of Tresor Paris Jewellery, courtesy of Shannon’s Jeweller’s Lisburn.
Sean Hall, chairman of the Hillsborough International Oyster Festival said, “This is an amazing opportunity to represent the Festival on a global platform and also for a local girl to take her first step into the world of modelling.”
For terms and conditions and entry forms please go to www.hillsboroughoysterfestival.com